Wednesday, April 27

shrimp and orzo

In my opinion, there's not a lot better than an easy, quick to make dinner. I love this shrimp and orzo recipe that my mom shared with me a couple months ago. It's delicious and satisfying and makes for delicious dinners and leftover lunches. If shrimp isn't your thing, you can easily substitute with chicken (I like lemon pepper!) The original recipe also calls for putting it in the oven to bake, but I think I prefer it without baking... Cuts down on time!

(excuse the quality on this photo. it was dark in my apartment and I had bad lighting)

Shrimp & Orzo

1 cup orzo
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 large tomato, diced
3/4 cup diced green onion
1/2 cup feta choose
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil

Cook the pasta according to directions. When finished cooking, put in a serving bowl and mix in 1 tsp olive oil, tomato, feta, lemon rind, salt, and pepper. Saute shrimp and green onions in a pan with olive oil until cooked (when shrimp is pink), and add to orzo mixture. Add basil and lemon juice and mix together. Serve warm. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home