Wednesday, June 29

Strawberry Shortcake


Ohhhh how I love strawberry shortcake!!! Growing up, this was a summer dessert staple in my family. Along with whipping up chocolate chip cookies and pancakes in record time, my mom would quickly make these shortcakes if we were craving something sweet after dinner. Being honest though - I have had a slight fruit phobia (it's a texture thing, I think) since a young age and for all of my life I've eaten just the shortcake with whipped cream. I know, I'm crazy. 



 And with the Fourth of July coming up, what feels more American than a good ole shortcake with strawberries?! Okay, maybe apple pie or blueberry pie. But strawberry shortcake too. It's a great and super easy dessert to make for holiday celebrations - you can even add blackberries or blueberries for a pop of blue! Last night I hosted Bible study and decided strawberry shortcake would be the perfect treat to make for everyone. And wouldn't you know, last night I actually ate strawberries with mine and liked it!!! Progress, I'm telling you!

---

Strawberry Shortcake
2 1/3 c Bisquick
1/2 c sugar
3 tbsp butter
2/3 c milk
-
1 c heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp sugar
-
sliced strawberries
1 tbsp sugar


Preheat oven to 425. In a mixing bowl, melt butter and add Bisquick, sugar, and milk. Mix together. Spoon onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Mix whipping cream and sugar together in a smaller bowl. Use an electric mixer and mix until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream until time to serve.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home