Tuesday, July 3

Weekend Review

Helloooo ya'll!!! I just got back from Kansas City last night after an extended trip to see Patrick and his family. It was such a nice, relaxing trip and great to get away from Atlanta for a few days. This was my first trip to Kansas City and to be completely honest, I had no idea what to expect. I feel like when most people think of Kansas City, they immediately think of the Wizard of Oz and tornados and dust storms. Maybe not. But I've gotten looks like I'm crazy for visiting Kansas City of all places, so I feel like I'm usually defending it when I haven't even been! Now I can actually say that it's a pretty cool place. It's a big city, but really doesn't feel that way at all. There isn't ridiculous amounts of traffic anywhere and everywhere like here in Atlanta and so much is locally owned, which I think is pretty awesome.

Most of the weekend was spent watching Olympic Trials, hanging at the pool, eating at yummy places, and roaming around the Plaza. It was perfect and I wouldn't change one thing... now I have to make fun plans for when Patrick comes back to ATL!

Patrick's favorite brunch spot - very good and cute name!

Laying out at the KCCC... it was so hot, I didn't stay out of the pool long!

Date night at Gram & Dun - delicious food and fun atmosphere


Being silly on the Plaza, making new friends with penguins



Happy 4th of July to everyone! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home