Wednesday, February 26

BROWN SUGAR COOKIES



This is a disclaimer: These are not health cookies, and you WILL eat way too many of them.

A couple weeks ago I wanted to make treats for my coworkers for Valentine's Day. I didn't have the time to make sugar cookies and individually frost each cookie, so I made a simple cookie that is in my opinion more delicious than a sugar cookie: the Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookie. The great thing about these cookies is that they are small enough that you can eat two (or in my case, four) and not feel bad about it. Then again, how can anyone feel bad about eating delicious cookies?!

These were so easy to make and honestly tasted just as good, if not better, days after baking, which is rare for homemade cookies. If you're in the mood for a little something sweet, try these. I don't think they will disappoint.

---

Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies

2 sticks of butter - softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
Raw unrefined sugar


Mix brown sugar & butter until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix. Add flour and salt and beat until mixed. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch rolls on parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm. Once firm, roll the dough in raw sugar (dough may need to be slightly softened for sugar to stick). I like to mix in colored sugar for holidays, but clear raw sugar works great as well. Slice into thin 1/4 inch cookies and place on sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges have browned. Enjoy!


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Haha I love your disclaimer! These sound delicious, even if they're not healthy!

2/27/2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home