Wednesday, March 5

GET THE LOOK: BLUE JASMINE




This past weekend I had a free movie from U-Verse, so obviously I decided to watch Oscar contender Blue Jasmine. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I did because it totally validated Cate Blanchett winning the Oscar for Best Actress. I mean, I think she's pretty amazing anyways, but her performance was just great in Blue Jasmine. I'm not going to give too much away, but she basically plays a crazy, privileged, college dropout wife who spent many years living on Park Ave, wearing Chanel and carrying Birkins, before her husband commits major fraud. And Cate nailed the role. 

Equally impressive was her character's wardrobe. The Chanel jacket above made many appearances, and I kind of love it. It's Chanel, so of course it's perfect. But who can really spend $2,000 on a jacket? Leave it to Zara to make a similar version. Add this top or this, and an initial belt (although I wouldn't go with H unless your name is Helen or it really is Hermes), and you're basically set. For thousands of dollars less, of course.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home