Thursday, June 19

thredUP



"I have too many clothes" - said no girl, ever. I typically fall into the category of girl who has a closet full of nothing to wear - which I realize seems very ungrateful of what I have, but let's be honest, we have all been there. 

Recently though, my closet was getting ridiculous. I mean, did I really need that all over sequined top from Loft that I've had since college? It had a few good wears (Taylor Swift concert, for example) but when am I actually going to wear it again? Just taking up space. Same with these American Apparel tulip skirts that were all the rage my sophomore and junior year of college. Perfect condition, but just not me anymore. 

Right around the time I was planning on doing a major closet purge, I discovered thredUP, an online consignment store that actually knows the worth of clothes and what's on trend - unlike Plato's Closet that gives you $3 for a silk blouse you paid $80 for. The process couldn't be any easier: you order a  bag (all fees are currently waived), it's shipped to you, you fill it up as much as you can/want, and send it back. A few days pass while thredUP determines the worth of your bag, then you get an email telling you how much you'll be getting for it. Your items are then for sale through the online store, which you can also shop. One of my favorite things about thredUP is unless your item is considered "designer", you are paid immediately. If it's "designer", you are paid when it sells.  I'll be honest, I was a little nervous I wouldn't get a good ROI, but I have to say I'm very pleased. Another awesome thing about thredUP? A portion of proceeds from every bag goes to Teach For America to support the development of high quality teachers. Can't go wrong with a company that has a philanthropic mission!


For more information, visit thredUP.com.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i just found this a few weeks ago too! i have that same AA tulip skirt. HA! :)

6/19/2014  
Blogger Ashley said...

I haven't heard of this! I usually use Poshmark and have made great money from there, but I need to checkout thredup too!

6/19/2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home