Tuesday, August 26

WEEKEND

Hello chickadees! Did everyone have a great weekend/Monday? I was home this weekend for my best friend's wedding shower (October 18th is so close!!!) and while it felt like a really quick trip, it was perfect and much needed.


I'm always happy to be at home and spend time with my family and friends from growing up, but this weekend in particular reminded me just how lucky I am to have them in my life. My friends and I don't live in the same city, and we typically only see each other a couple times a year, but when we are together, we pick up right where we left off. Saturday was one of those perfect days, and with the exception of all the summer shandys I drank, it felt like we were back to age 12, jumping off the diving boards and spending all day and all night at the pool. I cherish these friends of mine - we've been together since age 8 or before - and when you have friends for that long, you just get each other.

It's rare, I think, to have friends that are considered family, and family that is considered friends. I feel very blessed to say I have both. :)




Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

looks like an awesome weekend miss :)

8/26/2014  
Blogger Annie Reeves said...

This looks like so much fun. I feel blessed to have friends that are like family, too!! Can't wait to hear about your NYC adventures....xo!

Annie

8/26/2014  
Blogger Nikki said...

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend!

Nikki
thefashionablewife.com

8/26/2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home