Tuesday, December 16

REMEMBER ME?


Wow. It has been almost 1 month since my last blog post. Where does time go? I actually don't understand how it's already December 15th. The holiday season always goes so quickly, and then we are stuck in cold, cold January, wishing for warm spring days that seem like they'll never arrive.

I would like to say there's a very good reason why I haven't blogged since November 20th, but honestly, there isn't one. I've definitely been busy - last week I had something every single night after work. Work has been busy, wrapping things up before the holiday and end of the year. But everyone's busy, so I don't really see that as a good excuse. 

In all honesty, I think I have been pretty busy living and not taking the time to be here on the blog. About a month and a half ago, I made a pretty huge decision in my personal life, and I think I've been filling my days with fun things to keep my mind off said decision. I have been cooking and watching Marry Me (so funny) with my roommate. I've been helping friends decorate their houses for Christmas and throwing holiday celebrations. I've drank a few beers and too many glasses of wine with friends and coworkers. And you know what? It's been amazing. There's something truly freeing and relaxing about coming home at night and not thinking "I have to write this blog post for tomorrow", and just watching Friday Night Lights and eating popcorn. This isn't to say at all that I hate blogging or am over it - I really do love it - but I think everyone needs a break from this pretty, virtual world every now and then. Mine unfortunately happened in the middle of the biggest season for blogging... please don't hate me!

So here we are on December 16th. If you're like me, you have only bought a handful of gifts, not quite grasping that Christmas is actually next Thursday... eeeek! By midnight, I'm going to have a whole slew of gift guides posted on the "Holiday Gift Guides" tab on the blog and include things that you can purchase and still get in time for Christmas. I just added a gift guide for the men - they are always so tough, aren't they?! I'm just trying to keep in perspective that this season is actually not about gifts at all, and instead about Jesus' birth. As Linus says in A Charlie Brown Christmas, "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."
That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.
That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.
That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home