Wednesday, July 13

Summer Salad

Before we left for vacation, I really wanted to have a week of healthy eating, knowing that we would be eating out for every meal. I whipped up this salad at the beginning of the week and oh man, was I happy to eat it every single day after for lunch. It was so fresh, delicious, and fulfilling. That's my biggest thing with salads - I'll eat them but afterwards, be craving something else. This one did not do that. You can't see it in the picture, but there's also barbecue grilled chicken that goes along with it. I think the chicken was possibly still cooking at the time of the picture :)

Possibly my favorite part about this salad is that it's easily adaptable for any of you! If you want to use cherry tomatoes instead of regular, do it! If you want to add black beans, go for it! Dried cranberries? Yum! You can really make it yours.



Summer Salad

1 lb boneless chicken breasts
Barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 avocados
2 ears of corn, grilled
1 diced bell pepper
1 large chopped tomato
Red leaf lettuce
Goat cheese

Marinade chicken in barbecue sauce, and grill for about 15 minutes, depending on size of the chicken. Prep all remaining ingredients by cutting and dicing, and throw together in a bowl. Top with sliced chicken and goat cheese. Drizzle with a light salad dressing - I use a sweet vidalia onion dressing from Kroger that I love, but any light dressing would work! 

Serves 3 people, depending on how hungry you are!


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Girl who Loved to Write said...

So fresh and colorful!

7/13/2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home