Tuesday, May 12

SRIRACHA LIME CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD



Oh my goodness y'all, I just love the feeling of spring and summer. The days are longer, the nights are warmer, and doesn't the food taste so much better? I find myself eating so many more fresh vegetables and lighter meals in these warmer months, and this salad is a great example. I saw a version of it on my friend Whitney's blog and knew I had to make a variation for myself. The original recipe called for grilled pineapple, but I don't have a grill and don't like pineapple so I removed that. Still, so, so yummy... This will definitely be a repeat in the coming months!

SRIRACHA LIME CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD 
1 lb chicken tenders (or chicken breast if preferred)
1 avocado
1 red onion
Cherry tomatoes 
Choice of lettuce (I picked arugula)
1 lime
3 tbsp sriracha

LIME VINAGRETTE
1/3 cup light olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 limes, juiced
2 tsp raw honey
Dash sea salt

Marinate chicken in sriracha and lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken at 350 for 20 minutes. Dice avocado, cut tomatoes, and finely chop red onion. Add over bed of lettuce and add chicken. Toss with lime vinagrette and enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home