Tuesday, October 25

Welcome to the 60s!

It's official. I was born in the wrong decade.

Now, my close friends might disagree and say that I am living in the correct decade considering my obvious social media obsession - so what if I love blogs, Twitter, and Facebook?! However, after watching five episodes of Pan Am in less than 24 hours, I think it's safe to say I love the 60s. The fashion, the glamour, the political revolutions.... eeek! I'm even more convinced knowing that my other two favorite TV shows, Mad Men and American Dreams are both set in the 60s. Unfortunately, American Dreams was cancelled after the third season when Meg rode off on a motorcycle with Chris, set for California (still not over the ending), but I'm hoping Mad Men can hold out for at least two or three more seasons, and hopefully the same with Pan Am. I don't know what it is about the 60s that I love. Everything seems like it was a little bit more glamorous, more mysterious, more exciting. Then again, I'm also basing this off of television shows, which make you think exactly what they want you to. In reality, if I grew up in the 60s, I wouldn't be jetting to Paris or Bangkok as a Pan Am stewardess, dancing on American Bandstand and meeting famous singers, or working in a Sterling Cooper-like ad agency with Don Draper. I would be living a normal, average life in suburbia somewhere. But hey, a girl can dream, right? And not that I have much to complain about. I am living one pretty good life.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home