Wednesday, May 16

Love to... Cook

I enjoy cooking, I really do. Growing up, my mom always made dinner for our family, and I more often than not helped out. There's certain things I've picked up from her, like putting a bit of sugar in spaghetti sauce (trust me, it makes it SO much better!) Senior year, when I finally had to cook on my own - although I often took advantage of Theta's meals - it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. I would often got bored with eating the same thing over and over... usually some form of chicken and a LOT of pasta, tortellini, and quesadillas. I still continue to struggle with this and am always looking for new recipes. Thank goodness for Pinterest. One of my biggest problems, though, is that so many recipes require a ton of ingredients and prep time. After scanning Real Simple's Quick and Easy recipes, I found one recipe that was as delicious as it was easy to make: Parmesean Pasta with Chicken and Rosemary. After I made a couple changes, like using Buitoni Light Alfredo sauce instead of the homemade parmesan sauce, and making my own chicken instead of rotisserie, it's definitely something that I'll add to my rotation.


Ingredients

  • 12 ounces pasta (I used bowtie)
  • 1 chicken breast, cooked in hot water on stove
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 cup light Buitoni Alfredo sauce
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • salt and black pepper

Directions

  1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
  2. Meanwhile, place chicken breast in pot of water. Bring to boil, then let simmer on low heat. Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
  3. Shred chicken with a fork or fingers and set aside.
  4. Toss the pasta with the chicken, rosemary, alfredo sauce, milk, salt and pepper.
  5. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, until the sauce has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan. 
*Original recipe can be found HERE.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home