Thursday, September 12

IN PARADISE VALLEY


Disclaimer: I actually started drafting this post a week or so ago, but didn't post due to no Internet :)

So here's the thing. John Mayer is probably my all time favorite artist. I love Lady Antebellum and I love Justin Timberlake and Matt Wertz and Mumford, but J-May is the one artist I could probably listen to every day, every hour and never get tired of his voice or songs. I know he's had his issues with the media and women, but I can look past all of that because he is actually an amazing, talented musician. It should come as no surprise, then, that I'm listening to his new album Paradise Valley on repeat. 

First of all - this is John Mayer with his heart completely on his sleeve. In my opinion, (and some critics), it's the most open and vulnerable album he's probably ever put out. Take the lyrics for example: "Dear Marie": Remember me // I'm the boy you loved when we were 15 // Now I wonder what you think when you see me on a magazine. Or "You Love Who You Love", a song featuring girlfriend Katy Perry: And some have said his hearts too hard to hold // And it takes a little time, but you should see him when he shines... It's just good. 

Oh and the best news that hit me yesterday? John Mayer is coming to Nashville in December. 
Count. Me. In.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home