Wednesday, September 11

NASHVILLE EATS: ROLF AND DAUGHTERS




It has been some time since I did a Nashville Eats post, and I can't think of a better restaurant than Rolf and Daughters to reintroduce the series. It was recently voted #3 "Best New Restaurant in America" by Bon Appetit, so you know it has to be good. Located in the up-and-coming Germantown, it has a great ambience, with a rustic but urban charm. I have been fortunate enough to eat at Rolf and Daughters not once, but twice. The second time was simply amazing - it was a work dinner and as our reps worked in the food industry, we sampled just about every dish on the menu, from starters to pastas to entrees and finishing with dessert.


Of the pastas, we tried the garganelli verde, farro gemelli, and squid ink canestri. Chef Philip Krajeck makes each of the pastas fresh daily and it is honestly impossible to say which of the three is my favorite, because each were so different and amazing. I was a little hesitant about pasta with squid ink, but wow, it was good. The farro gemelli was very light, almost with a slight lemon flavor from the sauce, and the garganelli verde had a marinara sauce and was just plain delicious. We also had the heritage chicken, yorkshire pork, and dry aged meatballs for entrees. Yum, yum, yum. I think the chicken was my favorite, and I can't even do justice describing it, but it was so tender and full of flavor. The meatballs and pork were also great, but quite heavy, so I recommend splitting with your dinner date. Of the menu, I think the pasta shines the brightest, but you really, truly cannot go wrong.

If you live in Nashville - make a reservation as soon as you can, because Rolf and Daughters truly is one of Nashville's best. If a visit to Music City is in the future, make sure to stop by. You will not be disappointed. Now I have to go make a reservation for my third visit. I'm salivating just thinking about it. :)


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home