Tuesday, January 20

RED QUINOA + VEGGIE BOWL


In the new year, I'm trying to eat healthier lunches. Lunch is not exactly my favorite meal unless I can go home and make a panini quickly. Otherwise, cold subs and salads just typically don't do the trick for me and I'm eating leftovers from dinner the night before. My friend gave me a suggestion though, and it was so delicious I feel like I need to share it with you all! This red quinoa + veggie bowl left me feeling full and satisfied (difficult) and gave me enough energy to make it through the day. 

Red Quinoa + Veggie Bowl
1 bag Frozen Simple Truth Red Quinoa and Brown Rice
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Squash
1 Zucchini
Feta Cheese
1 Tbsp Balsamic dressing of your choice

Sautee the vegetables (you can change out, these were just my choices!) in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook quinoa and rice according to package instructions. Mix veggies and rice in bowl together, top with feta and dressing. 

So simple, but so good! Do you have any go to lunch recipes? I'm completely up for new ideas!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home