Wednesday, June 1

sundried tomato pasta with grilled flank steak

Do you all ever get in a rut with cooking? I feel like I so often make the same go-to's time and time again. But like I do with workouts, I get bored with the same thing over and over! Last night, Simon and I made this super easy and absolutely delicious sundried tomato pasta and I highly recommend to you all! Simon actually found the recipe in Men's Health, something I'm obviously not reading. It looked quick and simple so I thought, why not, let's give it a try! So glad we did, this will definitely be entering the rotation! 


Ingredients

1/2 c sundried tomatoes (you can buy these prepackaged)
1 garlic clove
1/4 c chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped basil
2 tsp red wine
1/4 c olive oil
cavatappi pasta (or whatever short noodle you prefer!)
8 oz grilled flank steak
Parmesan cheese & basil for garnish

---

In a food processor or blender, pulse the tomatoes and garlic. Ad the herbs, vinegar, and olive oil. Pulse till combined, and add water to thin if needed. Toss the cooked pasta with 3/4 of the sauce and set aside. Season the steak with kosher salt and black pepper. Grill to medium, about 3 minutes a side, depending on how hot the grill is (I prefer my steak more rare). Let rest 5 minutes when done cooking, then slice and toss with remaining sauce. Add to pasta, garnish with additional chopped basil and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy! 


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley G said...

Oh my gosh yummmmm!

6/01/2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home