Friday, July 15

Currently

I hate being a debbie downer, but Nice, France and the state of our world is heavy on my mind and heart this morning. Another week, another reminder to hug your loved ones close and say many, many prayers for the safety of our country and strong leadership to guide us and unite us. Seems like we are needing it more and more every day. 

I hope you all have a great and safe weekend. We are taking it easy in Lexington with some golf tonight (ha, I haven't played for about 8 years!), pool time, grilling, and lots of relaxing. I'm really looking forward to it. 



shopping  |   Like every other blogger, I'm shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I'm not going to lie, I feel like last year's selection was a little bit stronger, but I'm of course struggling on what to purchase. In consideration: this Barbour jacket (to splurge or not to splurge?!), this coat, this cardigan (loved it on Liz), these booties, and this watch. So many choices, so little money. If I could afford/justify it, I'd buy this Tory Burch cape in 2 seconds.

listening  |   Who else grew up on MmmBop!?! We were obsessssed with it when we were younger. Hanson's acoustic version is pretty bomb and a nice update from 1997.

reading  |   Many of you have probably seen Jennifer Aniston's letter to the media on body shaming, but I thought it was just so well written that it's worth sharing again. If you haven't read it yet, take the time to. You go Jen!

cooking  |   I finally tried zoodles for the first time in this baked ziti zoodle recipe and LOVED it! So delicious and fulfilling. Have y'all gotten on the zoodle craze yet? My basil plant is doing SO WELL (!!!!) so this weekend I'm planning on making pesto for my next zoodle recipe! Look for something soon on the blog!

traveling  |   Another week, another trip. It's been a busy summer! I'm headed to Austin, TX next Thursday for a friend's bachelorette party and so excited. I have never been to Austin but have obviously heard all the great things about it. Can't wait to explore and eat my weight in tacos! Anywhere I should go?!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley G said...

Your first time trying zoodles?! Girl, you’ve been missing out! I’m obsessed! Enjoy your relaxing weekend lady!

7/15/2016  
Blogger Rachel {Love This Life} said...

I know, where have I been?! And a bonus is that our company has a "garden" and grows MASSIVE zucchinis so I just get them for free! Zoodles forever!!!

7/15/2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home