Monday, July 18

Charleston Recap: Where We Ate & Drank

This could be a 5-day post, but whatever, it's a long post and it's one post. Y'all, the food in Charleston, I can't even begin. When I say we ate and drank our way through the city, we truly did. And the crazy thing is, there were about 20 more places we could have gone/were on my list! Guess I'll just have to go back... :)


Sunday
Little Jack's Tavern

We had a great time at Pearlz. Simon wanted oysters, I wanted shrimp, and we ended up there. This sweet old man bought Simon a Pimms Cup, which became his new favorite drink for the week. He returned the favor with some KY bourbon, Basil Hayden of course. The Gin Joint was a fun little spot on East Bay where we met two friends from Nashville. Little Jack's was a complete random spot - we tried to go to Leon's and didn't have the best service experience (aka never got served at the bar after 15 minutes of sitting), so we wound up at Little Jack's down the street and LOVED it. The bartenders were so friendly, the burger was delish, and don't get me started on the potato puree.



Monday
Barbecue from the battleship

We went to Sullivan's Island on the 4th of July. I wouldn't say Poe's Tavern was my favorite. Good, but not a must in my book. Looking back, I probably would have chosen Home Team BBQ. And then we ate on a battleship that night. #America.


Tuesday
The Ordinary

Eeeee, a full day of eats and drinks! Callie's Hot Biscuit was a must - I got the trio of blackberry, cheddar and chive, and bacon. Yum yum! We went kayaking that morning and got a quick snack of more shrimp and oysters at Tavern & Table in Mt. Pleasant. We showered and wandered around, playing a game where for every store I stopped in, Simon got a drink at the bar. My faves were Prohibition and Husk. We sat at the bar and had great times at both. Dinner that night was at The Ordinary and I can. not. say enough good things. We shared the ceviche, lobster roll, oyster sliders, and this amazing fish entree. This is 100% a must in my book.





Wednesday
Indaco

Another full day of eating! I got breakfast with Annie at The Daily (avo toast, of course). Simon and I wandered around that afternoon and went to Cru Cafe on a family friend's recommendation. I had the special - a brisket sandwich and it was delicious and filling! Fuel for lots and lots of walking :) That afternoon we went back to the beach and on the way back, stopped at The Americano in Mt. Pleasant. Tacos were on happy hour, so naturally I had a shrimp taco. That night, we went to The Darling Oyster Bar across from our hotel, where Simon ate more oysters. I was a little seafooded out, so we then had ANOTHER dinner at Indaco and I'm so glad we went. We sat at the bar (a trend for us), and the bartender was incredible. We drank well, shared the ricotta and corn pizza, black pepper tagliatelle pasta, and left with happy bellies and hearts.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home