Wednesday, March 13

NASHVILLE EATS - THE SOUTHERN

Ya'll. It's Wednesday, which means another Nashville Eats - this time featuring The Southern. This restaurant is awesome and I can't just go without sharing raving about it!!! The Southern is new in town - located on 3rd Street, just past Bridgestone and the massive-almost-here-beautiful convention center, and a few blocks from Broadway and the honky tonks. I've now been there twice - once with Patrick and his mom, and another time for a work dinner. Holy moly, my meals get two thumbs up.



Pretty cool design on the floor


Old doors and chairs create a place for diners to sit while they wait for a table.


So what makes The Southern so good? Well first, the atmosphere and dining experience is great. Everyone is seated in a large room with a gigantic bar with more types of alcohol than I care to count at the center. It's got this neat tiling, the fans are all connected by some engineering genius. Not to mention, the ad agency I work for designed the menus, which kind of makes me love it even more. Please excuse the poor iPhone photography... my pictures don't quite capture the essence of the restaurant, but hopefully you get a good idea.

General eating area, with huge bar in the background. If you look close enough, you can see the fans!


And the food - WOW. On my most recent visit, I literally felt like I dined like a queen. We had oysters for an appetizer (yes, this typically picky eater actually tried one!), along with the Saphire Steak Biscuits and the Dominican Pork, a Caribbean-spiced pork that came with mango pico on top of a sweet potato grit cake. If you are in for lunch, I highly recommend getting one of these two things. For dinner, I had the filet. I don't know if I just hadn't eaten steak in so long that it tasted so delicious, but I think it was actually that good. It comes topped with a complimenting red balsamic glaze with mashed potatoes and asparagus on the side. You seriously can't leave disappointed and I'm most definitely looking forward to the next time I can go.



If you like a sauce so much, you can buy it and take it home with you!



So many sauces to try and buy!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

looks tasty! you can take me when i visit! :)

3/14/2013  
Blogger watsoon said...

Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles .
Caribbean Spiced Rum

4/06/2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home