Wednesday, July 20

Blackberry Cobbler


If you know me well, you know that for the majority of my life, I have had an aversion to fruit. I know, I'm not a real person. Who doesn't like fruit?! I probably ate it as a very young child when I didn't have a choice, but at some point I decided I did not like fruit. I distinctly remember one summer sitting on our back porch and my mom saying, "Try this melon! It tastes like candy!!!" I reluctantly tried it, because if it tastes like candy, AWESOME! You can imagine my disappointment when it did not taste like actual candy.

BUT y'all, there's hope! I'm happy to say that I'm slowly conquering my fruit fear at age 27. I think it's been a texture thing and now I think it's a mental thing I just need to get over. Because I love smoothies and slowly starting to enjoy pie. Last summer, I willingly chose to eat blueberry pancakes over chocolate chip! So this weekend, I decided to make this blackberry cobbler because blackberry cobbler just sounded summery and delicious. And it WAS. And I ate a ton of it. See what I mean? Progress! There's hope for me after all :)

---

Blackberry Cobbler (from Southern Living)

3 containers of blackberries (about 4 cups)
Lemon juice (about half a lemon)
1 egg
1 c sugar
1 c all-purpose flour
6 tbsp melted butter
vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 375. In a lightly greased 8x8 square baking dish, place blackberries. Squeeze lemon juice over blackberries. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add flour and sugar. Mix until it resembles cornmeal and evenly pour over the blackberries. Drizzle melted butter over the topping. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is light brown and blackberries are bubbling. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! 



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kindly Kentucky said...

That looks so delicious! Despite your aversion, this is the perfect time to enjoy blackberries since they are so plentiful at the Lexington Farmers' Market right now!

7/20/2016  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am really happy to see your blog. You may get something special at https://www.boutiqueken.com/

11/17/2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home