Monday, May 13

A PERFECT WEEKEND

After a couple weekends out of town, it was nice to be in Nashville, even if the weekend was jam packed. My mom and brother Peter came in town Thursday night and my dad and youngest brother David met them on Friday for the first and second round of men's tennis NCAA's. My dad played at Illinois, so he's a huge, huge fan. That's probably an understatement. I love when I get to see any member of my family, and having this many of us together was a special thing... we missed you, Jane!

Taking a little lunch break to see Illinois tennis

 My amazing family, minus Jane. Side note, where in the world did David get the tall genes?!


Saturday brought STEEPLECHASE! I've been looking forward to Steeplechase for quite some time and I have to say that it did not disappoint. For the first time in quite awhile, it did NOT rain on Saturday and the weather was pretty close to perfect. 


 Champaign loves - so fun to see Whitney!!!

 My beautiful friends before Steeplechase


On Sunday I finally saw The Great Gatsby. All I can say is O.M.G. I loved it. I guess it has drawn a lot of criticism from movie critics but I think they're all crazy. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio was the most perfect Gatsby - can't think of another actor in Hollywood that could do better. Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire were fantastic as well. True story - I cried at one point (hint, Daisy and Gatsby reconnecting and that Lana Del Ray song playing in the background). If you haven't seen the movie yet, I strongly, strongly recommend. For those that have seen it - what did you think? Were you as in love as I was?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home