Monday, June 6

What I Wore vol. 8: Akola Project

Aaaand we're back! This weekend was one of those great weekends where I had plenty to do, but never felt overly busy. Friday night I had a wedding shower/party, went to a yummy brunch Saturday morning, and had friends over for dinner and an old fashioned game night Saturday! And finally, finally (!!!) yesterday was beautiful. Simon and I went to church, laid by the pool, and relaxed. A pretty good weekend, if you ask me! 

So this outfit. Before I moved to KY, my sweet friend Mary Jeanne gave me this Akola Project necklace (in Kentucky blue, of course). I love the necklace itself, but even more I love the mission behind it. The Akola Project employs impoverished and uneducated women in Uganda and Dallas, TX, to make their products. Most of these women have survived HIV/AIDS, been victims of sex trafficking, or formally incarcerated. Akola gives them the opportunity to feel empowered and provide for their families, and 100% of the proceeds are reinvested to the mission. I highly recommend browsing the website - there are so many beautiful colors and jewelry options. 

dress (old, similarsimilar)  |  espadrille wedges  |  necklace

Since the necklace is such a statement, I paired it with a simple black dress and espadrille wedges by Dolce Vita - seriously so comfortable that I'm contemplating purchasing other colors! 





Have a great Monday! 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica {Cake and Lilies} said...

That's such a pretty necklace (love it on a simple black dress) with a great message! Thanks for sharing :)

6/07/2016  
Blogger Rachel {Love This Life} said...

Thank you, Monica!

6/07/2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home